We are keen to work with Learning Providers who service the enterprise and enterprise support community. We readily recognise that although we may have the expertise around enterprise learning we don’t have the grass roots contacts with those who will benefit from our qualifications, whereas Learning Providers have a sound understanding of their specific market place and the needs they service.
We can look at your specific needs in relation to our existing qualifications and go beyond this to look at more specific needs such as niche markets you may serve. Working in partnership we can look at how we can help you meet these needs through accreditation of existing learning, endorsement of in-house training activity or by linking with SFEDI Solutions to look at developing your offer further. As a SFEDI Centre you will have access to these and many more opportunities.
Why work with SFEDI Awards?
- We have a range of enterprise qualifications designed to be flexible to meet the wide range of demand within enterprise learners. Some of our qualifications have options of over 50 QCF units all designed to meet specific knowledge and skill sets readily understood by your learners.
- We are seen and known as the UK expert in Enterprise and Enterprise support adding our brand to your organisation will add value to your offer. This also means that our qualifications are built on enterprise know how and understanding of the market.
- Where applicable we seek and gain funding for our qualifications to ensure access to learners.
- Our assessment approaches are based around learners generating evidence and creating a portfolio for assessment – thus allowing for a flexible approach to learning.
- We have learning support materials available to our Centres, these include learner support packs and workbooks and trainer/lecturer support guides. These can be branded as your own materials giving your organisation improved profile to your learners and the wider community.
- All enterprise learners are given free student membership to the Institute of Enterprise and Entrepreneurs (IoEE) where they have a networking community of likeminded entrepreneurs and enterprise mentors.
- We supply all our Centres with marketing copy and extensive support literature to enable smooth and efficient delivery of our qualifications.
- Where Centres are already a Centre with another Awarding Organisation we offer a fast track, low cost route to Centre approval.
We recognise that there is no ‘one size fits all’ approach to accrediting and quality assuring learning. To ensure we have the most appropriate approach for your organisation we have three types of Centre status at SFEDI Awards. To decide which is most appropriate to your organisation’s needs you should first discuss your situation and requirements with a member of the Centre support team as they will be able to explain in detail how each of these options work and also relate it to your organisation’s activities and aspirations.
Each different type of SFEDI Centre is explained briefly below and also indicated are the sections of the application form that require completing for each type of Centre status.
Approved SFEDI Awards Centre
As a fully approved SFEDI Awards Centre you will be able to offer all of the qualifications available through SFEDI Awards. This status will also give you the opportunity to work with SFEDI Awards to recognise enterprise and/or business support programmes you may already be delivering, for an additional fee.
SFEDI Award Centre status will allow you to offer any qualification from our range of non QCF and QCF awards, certificates, and diplomas.
SFEDI/IOEE Centre of Excellence
We understand that a number of our Centres are committed to SFEDI and the IOEE’s vision of developing the enterprise and business support offer and may be involved in delivering a wider remit than that of purely delivering SFEDI Awards qualifications. As a Centre of Excellence there is the opportunity to endorse a Centre’s own learning and assessment programmes free of charge.
Completing the Centre of Excellence application also allows you to demonstrate how you could work with SFEDI/IOEE in more of a partnership role in order to grow both the delivery network and the SFEDI/IOEE offer.
SFEDI/IOEE Centres of Excellence also have lifetime approval to deliver all current SFEDI Awards qualifications.
SFEDI Awards Recognised Centre
If you are looking to offer qualifications which are not based on QCF regulations and requirements, the following fast track application will allow you to become a SFEDI Awards Recognised Centre.
As a Recognised Centre you will be able to offer a range of specific qualifications already on offer from SFEDI Awards. As a Recognised Centre you can also work with SFEDI Awards to recognise enterprise and/or business support programmes you may already be delivering.
Recognised Centre status will allow you to offer any qualification from our range of non QCF qualifications.
If you are interested in applying to become a SFEDI Awards Centre you will be required to complete the SFEDI Awards Centre Application Form. If you’re already approved by another recognised UK Awarding Body, we’ll probably not need to carry out an approval visit. If you aren’t already approved by another recognised UK awarding body, we’ll need to carry out an approval visit to check you have the appropriate system and procedure in place to meet the SFEDI Awards Approval Criteria. This applies if your centre approval application with another Awarding Body is in progress.
If you’re unsure as to whether or not you’re currently working with a recognised UK awarding body, please refer to the Register of Regulated Qualifications.