The Level 2 Certificate in Preparing to Set Up In a New Business is for those who wish to gain an understanding of what is involved in the setting up of a new business. The qualification looks at what the challenges and risks of starting a business may be and develops a working knowledge around specific business skills such as marketing and business relationships.
The qualification is aimed at 16-18 year old learners as well as those aged over 19, and is designed to meet the needs of someone already in work as well as someone seeking to enter work/business or progress to further education or training.
|Qualification Reference Number||601/4036/7|
|Credit Value||15 credits|
|Guided Learning (Hours)||120 hours|
|Total Qualification Time (Hours)||150 hours|
|Duration||Completion within 2 years|
|Structure||7 mandatory units|
|Age Groups||pre-16, 16-18, 19+|
There are no formal entry requirements however, in order to benefit from undertaking the qualification, learners should possess communication skills sufficient to allow them to address the assessment requirements
|First Date for Registrations||August 1, 2014|
|Last Date for Starts||October 31, 2018|
|Delivery Staff Requirements||
The assessment qualification is not required in order to deliver this qualification
The internal quality assurance qualification is not required in order to quality assure this qualification
See the qualification specification for further guidance relating to delivery staff competency requirements
|IOEE Studying Membership Eligible||Yes|
|SFEDI Directory Eligible||No|
As part of undertaking a SFEDI Awards enterprise or enterprise support qualification you receive 1 years study membership* of the Institute of Enterprise and Entrepreneurs. This membership enables you to take advantage of the following benefits:
- Regular information on what’s happening through the IOEE Enterprise and Mentoring Monthly including case studies of people just like you who are becoming more enterprising
- Opportunity to access the national government Start Up Loan initiative through the IOEE and Start Up Loan Company strategic partnership
- Opportunities to meet other business owners in our online communities who are happy to share how they have been there, done it, got the t-shirt and continue to wear it!
- Enterprise resources including videos and articles to enhance your understanding of enterprise and enterprise support
- The chance to meet other members through Meet a Mentor and networking events
- A chance to compare notes with other entrepreneurs and business support professionals through the online groups and forums
- A chance to promote yourself and your business to other IOEE members through the IOEE profile page
*1 years free study membership of the IOEE for SFEDI Awards learners aged 18 years and over
Those who complete this qualification may wish to undertake other SFEDI Awards qualifications further details of which can be found on our website.
SFEDI Awards offers a range of qualifications within our Business Start Up, Running Your Business and Enterprise Skills Development series which may be appropriate.
Below you will find further details relating to the qualification and also the necessary paperwork for your approved centre to add it to your centre offer. If you require further information or would like guidance please contact the SFEDI Awards Customer Service Team who will be more than happy to help you.Qualification Specification
SFEDI Awards Fees and Prices
Additional Qualification Application Form
Staff Matrix Update Form